Positive thinking is a mental and emotional attitude of expecting good and favorable results and not getting discouraged when plans do not proceed as expected. It means trying over again and not accepting defeat. A positive thinking person focuses more on the good in people not on the bad.
“The practice or result of concentrating one’s mind affirmatively on the good and constructive aspects of a matter so as to eliminate negative or destructive attitudes and emotions.”
A few more definitions of what positive thinking is:
- Positive thinking is the attitude of accepting into the mind thoughts, words, images and feelings that contribute to growth, success and satisfactory outcome. It is a mental attitude that expects good and favorable results.
- With this frame of mind you think good thoughts about yourself and about other people and envision a better future.
- Positive thinking looks for solutions, whereas negative thinking dwells on the problems and obstacles
Practice these simple exercises and suggestions to keep your thoughts on the positive side.
- Only use positive words when talking.
- Push out all feelings that aren’t positive.
- Use words that evoke strength and success.
- Practice positive affirmation.
- Direct your thoughts.
- Believe you will succeed.
- Analyze what went wrong.
Here are four ideas you can use to help you to maintain a positive attitude and manage stress:
- Resolve to Not Let it Get You Down.
- Speak to Yourself in a Positive Manner.
- Remember..it is Impossible to Grow Without Difficulty.
- Move Forward Towards Your Goals and Dreams.
Positive Thinking Exercises
- Believe You Will Succeed. In order to feel more positive, you will need to start believing in yourself.
- Practice Positive Affirmations.
- Make Peace With The Past.
- Use The Mirror Technique.
- Go Easy On Yourself.
- Fill Your Mind With Positive Thoughts.
- Express Gratitude.