What is Dengue fever
Dengue fever is the result of a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. Dengue is not a life-threatening disease at the initial stages, but if left untreated, it can develop into severe complications resulting in dengue hemorrhagic fever. The painful disease of dengue has been around for centuries. However, it has now created a widespread fear in the minds of people in India with the average number of people getting infected by it increasing at an alarming rate who knew that a tiny mosquito could cause life-threatening complications like dengue. Dengue fever could also develop into DSS where the patient will suffer from extremely low blood pressure shock and death.
How to Spread Dengue fever
When a mosquito bites an infected individual, the dengue virus enters that mosquito. This mosquito then transfers the virus to the next person it bites and the cycle continues. Dengue fever should be tackled with utmost urgency because if left untreated, it can develop into severe complications resulting in dengue hemorrhagic fever. Doctors suggest that most dengue cases can be managed in the outpatient departments of hospitals. Therefore, only the most severe cases need hospitalization. You will understand what dengue fever is, their cause, symptoms and also find some home remedies for dengue fever.
23 effective home remedies for Dengue fever:
- The extract from papaya leaves is a proven way to cure dengue fever.(Consume two tablespoons of papaya leaf extract thrice daily).
- Consuming substantial liquids ease the dengue fever symptoms, such as muscle cramps and headaches. Also, water also helps to flush out and eliminate the toxins through the fluids excreted by the body.
- Goat’s milk is an easy and effective remedy to cure dengue as it is rich in selenium and is known to increase the blood platelet count.
- Consuming pomegranate juice is also one of the home remedies for dengue fever. Blood platelet counts can be given a boost if you consume pomegranate juice
- Guavas are also known for their ability to increase the blood platelet count and are hence a great way to treat dengue fever. (Drink a cup or two of guava juice).
- Coriander leaves are amongst one of the best home remedies for dengue. Including coriander leaves or Dhania in your diet will help to reduce the body temperature during the infection.
- Take a small piece of black jaggery and crush it along with a few small onions. (Consume this mixture twice a day).
- Barley grass juice or barley tea is an important source of home remedies for dengue treatment as it is packed with organic compounds which are rich in vitamin B1, B2, B6, B12, folic acid and pantothenic acid.
- Apples are natural antioxidants and can help protect your blood cells from free radical damage. (Drink 2 or 3 times daily).
- Dried Ginger is anti inflammation and anti bacterial. Apart from helping the body temperature to drop down.
- Neem leaves are well known for their amazing healing potential. One of the many uses is their role in the treatment of dengue fever ( 2 or 3 times daily)
- Snake gourd is a natural blood purifier. Also, it is germicidal, hepato protective, laxative and an appetizer. (Take daily in meals).
- Goldenseal has many surprising benefits, one of which is its use in the treatment of dengue.
- Oyis a plant that you can find in the host and humid region in India. It carries potent antioxidant qualities. It is considered as one of the best options for treating dengue fever and increase your blood platelet count to a great extent.
- Kiwis are packed with various nutrients and minerals that can help you overcome fatigue and weakness. (1 cup of fresh kiwi juice twice in daily).
- Vitamin K-rich foods like green leafy vegetables, fish, meat, eggs and cereals can help in curing dengue fever.
- Fenugreek seeds are good for dengue fever. The antipyretic properties of fenugreek seeds help in bringing down your fever.
- Turmeric has rich antiviral properties, The antiviral properties help in combating the root cause (viral infections) of dengue.
- Tulsi is a natural antioxidant that can improve your immunity and protect your body from free radical damage. You also add 1 teaspoon of honey to it. (You must drink10 spoons this 2 to 3 times daily).
- Take a teaspoon of barley grass powder and mix it with a glass of hot water and drink this solution at least twice daily.
- The intake of crab soup on a regular basis can help increase your blood platelet count.
- The rich mixture of antioxidants and vitamins found in orange juice make it ideal for treating the secondary symptoms of dengue fever and eliminating the virus.
- Avoid consuming oily food. Instead, opt for a diet that includes oranges, lemons, coconut water, vegetables, fruits and protein-rich foods.
There is no vaccines are invented to prevent the dengue fever yet. One of the best ways to protect ourselves is to get an escape from the mosquito bite
- Keep your house well-screened or air-conditioned.
- praying streets and neighborhoods with pesticides.
- Always use a mosquito repellent.
- Encourage people to ward off mosquito bites by using bug spray.
- Wear protective clothing like long shirts and pants.
- Use long-sleeved shirts and avoid shorts.
- Keep your house and its surroundings clean.
- You could turn to natural repellents like Lemon Eucalyptus Oil, Lavender, Neem Oil and Cinnamon Oil to protect yourself against mosquito bites.
Although most cases of dengue fever are not fatal, the fever can progress rapidly to more serious stages if the initial symptoms are not treated and preventative measures are not taken. If at all possible, seek professional medical attention if you think you’ve contracted dengue fever.