Gas and gas pains may be familiar symptoms among people, especially among those who have a weak digestive system. The condition can cause the worst possible moment when you even cannot control yourself such as in a crowded elevator or during an important meeting. Gas and gas pain is not serious but embarrassing..
Have you ever mistaken chest pain from gas for a heart attack? You are not alone, many people make the same mistake and rush to the ER only to be informed that they are experiencing some very painful gas. Fortunately, you can make use of a number of home remedies for chest pain due to gas without having to be embarrassed in the ER. Let’s take a look at what you can do at home, but before we do, keep in mind that it is always better to err on the side of caution and consult a health care professional or ER if you suspect that you are having a heart attack.
Home remedies for chestpain of Gas
1. Drinking Warm Water or Other Drinks:
One of the simplest remedies you can use for chest pain due to gas is to drink hot water or another warm beverage like tea or coffee. The hot liquid helps to dissipate the buildup of gas and subsequently brings relief to the pain in your chest.
What to do:
• Heat water enough that you can still drink it.
• Add lemon or brew tea in order to make it easier to drink if necessary.
• Drink this whenever you feel the buildup of gas.
Ginger is one of best home remedies for gas pain in chest and back you should know. In fact, ginger has been widely used to deal with any problems related to digestion including gas pain. There are some ways to use ginger for this purpose and you can follow one of the methods follow.
• Mix a teaspoon of ginger powder, a half teaspoon of ajwain with a pinch of black salt and consume the mixture sometimes a day.
• Prepare equal parts of ground ginger, cardamom, and fennel; mix them together; add a tsp of the mixture and pinch of asafetida to a cup of water and drink this once or twice daily.
• Chew some ginger slices after meals or consume a little ginger juice that has been mixed with some asafetida.
• Add some small dried or fresh ginger when cooking foods
3. Fennel Seeds:
Another valuable home remedy that can be used to alleviate chest pain due to gas comes from the seeds of the fennel herb. These seeds are well known for their enzymatic properties which help to break up foods which cause gas and indigestion.
What to do:
• Thoroughly chew and swallow 1 tsp of fennel seeds when you begin to feel the buildup of gas or automatically eat them after eating foods which are known to cause gas.
• As an alternative treatment, you can add fennel seeds to boiling water, simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
Pumpkin and many other vegetables are exactly home remedies for gas pain. When gas is often caused by improper food digestion when there are too much high fiber foods are taken, pumpkin is really a suitable food as it contains a low content of fiber and also helps reduce the amount of gas created. So, you should eat pumpkin along with your meal to nip this problem in the bud.
• Prepare a cup of pumpkin
• Bake, steam, or broil it up to your choice
• Consume this cup of pumpkin along with your meal
There’s no need to buy a costly, over-the-counter gas relief product when garlic is an adequate substitute to help get rid of chest pain due to gas. Well known for its enzymatic properties and as a digestive aid, garlic helps break down foods which tend to cause gas and other digestive problems.
Exercise You must do some work out that aids digestion. If your lifestyle is sedentary then there will be poor digestion and gases. So do some mild exercise always.
What to do:
• The easiest way to take garlic is to peel a fresh clove, pop it into your mouth, chew it thoroughly and swallow.
• If you just cannot handle chewing a fresh garlic clove or only have garlic powder, you can add it to a warm cup of milk just like you did the turmeric in the home remedy above.
Guava is considered as one of the good home remedies for gas pain. You can just simply make a syrup by adding about 7 leaves of guava in a glass of water, boil this mixture, and drink it to treat the trouble of gas pain. The consumption on a regular basis may give quick results.
Cardamom And Cumin This is one of the best treatment for chest pain due to gas. They act as carminatives. They remove gases from abdomen and relieve chest and abdominal pain due to trapped gases. You can have cardamom tea by boiling them in water for some time. They also aid in digestion and thus prevent gases.
9. Peppermint Tea:
Peppermint Tea It also acts as a carminative as it helps to remove gases from the abdomen. It also helps in digestion of food. It treats nausea and vomiting also. Having peppermint tea is one of the natural ways to pass gas trapped in the chest area.
10. Try Sit Ups:
Try Sit Ups This will help to release trapped gas from the abdomen and chest. It will give you immediate relief from pain. This exercise is good for your stomach also as it will tone up your abdomen muscles
Intestinal gas may be formed due to incomplete digestion, swallowing of air while eating fast, constipation, eating oily and processed foods, high intake of fibrous and starchy foods, food allergies etc. Some beverages such as soda drink, soft drink and beer may also cause this problem. Symptoms of chest gas pain are passing gas, pain in abdomen, chest pain, swelling of abdomen and loss of appetite.
Hope this Symptoms and cure article will be helpful to all. Do not forget to share your valuable suggestions if any.