Javitri (Latinname – Myristica dactyloides), is the other species of Jaiphal (Also known as Mace or Nutmeg), which is an evergreen tree native to Indonesia. It is widely grown in tropical regions like China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Taiwan, Caribbean Islands, Sri Lanka, India and South America. The tree also is the source for essential oils, extracted oleoresins and nutmeg butter. Javitri is usually used in cooking due to its sweet and delicious flavor. It gives a bright orange and saffron color to the desserts and is used as a flavoring agent in many dishes. All would agree that these spices come from the same fruit from the evergreen nutmeg tree (Myristica Fragans). Some would say that jaiphal is just the center of the fruit, the seed and the skin. Mace is the skin.
Nutrition benefits of Javitri
100 grams of the spice contains 475 calories of energy, 0.160 milligrams pyridoxine, 0.448 milligrams riboflavin, 0.312 milligrams thiamine, 252 milligrams calcium, 2.467 milligrams copper and 13.90 milligrams iron.. ect
Natural benefits of Javitri
- Used to balance the blood sugar levels and to treat urinary tract infections.
- Protect your kidneys. Another health benefit of mace spice is its ability to protect your kidneys. It stops kidney stones from developing in your body. And if you have kidney stones, it dissolves them effectively.
- While it would seem counter-intuitive you can actually use this strong spice in certain desserts. Mixed with other ingredients it can add depth and flavor to many baked goods, from muffins and cakes to bread.
- It acts as a cardiac tonic and improves the heart metabolism.
- Javitri is an excellent antioxidant and also has essential oils, minerals, and vitamins. Thus it is a great supplement to just take generally.
- It has aphrodisiac properties which can improve the vigor.
- This supplement has high concentrations of vitamin A, vitamin C, carotenes, iron and calcium. Again, this supplement has positive general effects even if you are not looking for a specific benefit.
- Very useful in clearing throat, cough, asthma, throat pain, irritable bowel syndrome and diarrhea due to its water absorbing and sputum absorbing properties. It is also used to prepare cough syrups and cold rubs. Mace Spice is also a good remedy for asthma
- Javitri oil can help with toothaches (but check with your dentist if your toothache persists). In this case, it is again used topically at the area that is causing you pain.
- Javitri powder good for digestion. With a large number health benefits, Mace Spice (Javitri) regulates the digestive system.
- It reduces bad breath in mouth, moisture in mouth and excessive thirst. Eugenol, a colorless or pale yellow liquid compound which is one of the principal constituents present in oil of clovesand mace is known to relieve toothache.
- Promotes blood circulation. Mace is known to possess the capability of enhancing the circulation of blood in your system. The ample amount of manganese present in the spice aids in flushing out the toxins present in your body. This will keep your skin and hair healthy, and also protect you from dangerous diseases and infections. Increased blood circulation also prevents diabetes and other life threatening conditions.
- Used to relieve bloating, flatulence and abdominal pain.
- Boost Appitite. It is used by individuals who plan to gain weight, as it results in increased appetite and consumption of food. The rich content of zinc in the spice contributes towards its function as an appetite enhancer.
- It acts as an appetizer, improves taste and digestion strength.
- Treats Cancer. Being an antioxidant and packed with various active ingredients, the spice aids in destroying or neutralising the free radical cells that cause the cancerous growth. The antioxidants help in controlling and thus reducing the risk of cellular mutation and the development of cancer.
- Can treat intestinal worm and intestinal infections.
- Relieves pain. Mace has been used in traditional Chinese medicine as a natural pain relieving medicine. Used in the form of topical massage oils, the spice helps reduce the pain caused by wounds, muscle cramps or the sorts by reducing the level of inflammation and soothing the pain.
- It can relieve nausea and vomiting.
- Javitri can reduce the allergic rhinitis.
- Stress buster. This could be surprising to most of you, but mace spice also acts as a stress buster! It effectively eliminates tension and anxiety, and helps you feel calm and peaceful.
- Treats Insonmia. As mentioned before, mace has a rich content of magnesium. The mineral is extremely beneficial in treating sleeplessness because magnesium helps reduce the tensions in your nerve and boosts the release of serotonin.
- It is a natural detoxifier which improves the skin tone and complexion.
- Improves oral health. The compound eugenol in mace is beneficial in treating dental problems like bleeding gums and toothache. It helps you from being affected by oral infections. Using mace promotes dental health by having effective control over foul stench in the mouth.
- Mace spice has also been used while preparing Indian traditional medicine. It has antifungal, antidepressant, aphrodisiac and digestive properties that promise to make your life smooth and easy.
- You can make sweets, puddings, muffins, cakes and different kinds of breads with mace being one of the main ingredients.
- It is also used while brewing milk tea or masala milk, primarily because it tastes like pepper.
Mace is a plant product and is unsafe if consumed in larger than permissible quantities. It could be one of the major reasons for a miscarriage in a pregnant woman or a defect in the newly born. While with the given statement, this could be the case as dangerous for nursing mothers too.
Hope this Symptoms and cure article will be helpful to all. Do not forget to share your valuable suggestions if any.