Cucumber is actually a fruit. It’s high in beneficial nutrients, as well as certain plant compounds and antioxidants that may help treat and even prevent some conditions. Cucumbers are low in calories and contain a good amount of water and soluble fiber, making them ideal for promoting hydration and aiding in weight loss
Cucumber or keera is a very famous fruit (used as a culinary vegetable) and found very easily everywhere because of its wide cultivation all around the world.
Cucumbers are the highly cultivated fruits (or vegetable) all over the world and well known for its amazing health benefits thus called as superfood.
Healthy Benefit of Keera
- • Keeps you hydrated. If you are too busy to drink enough water, munch on the cool cucumber, which is 96% water. It will cheerfully compensate!
• Fights heat, both inside and out. Eat cucumber, and your body gets relief from heart burn. Apply cucumber on your skin, and you get relief from sun burn itchy skin.
• Its high in Nutrients. Cucumbers are low in calories but high in many important vitamins and minerals. Eating cucumbers with the peel provides the maximum amount of nutrients
• It may aid in Weight loss. Cucumbers could potentially help you lose weight in a few different ways.
• This means that you can eat plenty of cucumbers without packing on the extra calories that lead to weight gain.
• Prevents from Free Radicals and Ageing. It is the good source of antioxidants ( beta carotene, alpha carotene and lutein) which helps in preventing from the free radicals, makes skin glowing and shining skin
• Treats Cellulite. It is a very good home remedy to treat the cellulite.
• Nourishes you with vitamins. A B and C, which boost immunity, give you energy and keep you radiant
• Refreshes the mouth. Cucumber juice refreshes and heals diseased gums, leaving your mouth smelling good.
• It could promote Regularity. Eating cucumbers may help support regular bowel movements. Cucumbers contain a good amount of fiber and water, both of which may help prevent constipation and increase regularity
• It may lower blood sugar.several animal and test-tube studies have found that cucumbers may help reduce blood sugar levels and prevent some complications of diabetes.
• It contain Antioxidants. Antioxidants are molecules that block oxidation, a chemical reaction that forms highly reactive atoms with unpaired electrons known as free radicals.
• Flushes out toxins. All that water in cucumber acts as a virtual broom, sweeping waste products out of your system. With regular use, cucumber is known to dissolves kidney stones
• Stabilizes blood pressure. Patients that struggle with blood pressure, both high and low, often find that eating cucumber brings relief
• Revives the eyes. Placing chilled slices of cucumber on the eyes is a clichéd beauty visual, but it really helps reduce under-eye bags and puffiness.
• Makes Hair Smooth and Health. It makes the hair more smooth, shining, strong and healthy because of its richness in the useful minerals.
• Improves Immunity Level. Vitamin C found in it acts as an antioxidant and improves the immunity level thus prevents from the free radicals harmful effects.
• Keeps Oral Cavity Healthy. It helps in keeping teeth and gums very healthy by removing the bad odors from the mouth as the phytochemicals found in it are able to kill all the bacteria in mouth.
• Removes dark circles. It removes dark circles around the eyes if cucumber slices are kept around the eyes for 15-20 mins. Use cucumber slices directly or cotton balls soaked in the cucumber juice.
• Smooths hair and nails. Silica, the wonder mineral in cucumber makes your hair and nails stronger and shinier
- Remedy for Oily Skin. Applying the mixture of turmeric, lemon juice and cucumber pulp for 15-20 mins help in controlling the oil secretion for oily skin.
• Reduces Stress levels .It helps in reducing the stress level and keep mind fresh for long time if eaten on regular basis.
• Improves Memory and Learning Capacity It contains flavonols compound called fisetin which helps in the better growth and development of the memory and learning capacity and prevents from the memory loss, headache and Alzheimer’s disease.