In India, one of the fruits you will find on every street corner during summer is the ice apple. It provides a perfect balance of minerals and sugar for the body during the summer season. Ice apples also known as Munjal. It is translucent and pale white in color and resembles litchi in its texture. The sap juice that is collected early in the morning has a sweet sugary taste.
Ice apple also known as palm fruit is a nutrient rich fruit and a good source of:
- Biotin (vitamin B7)
- Vitamin K
- Dietary fibre (both soluble and insoluble)
Benefits of Ice apple
- Ice apple contains a lot of water which aids to keep your tummy full and aids in weight loss naturally.
- Ice apple is rich in vitamins, iron, zinc, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, thiamin, riboflavin etc.
- Pregnant women can overcome constipation and related difficulties with the help of ice apple. Improves digestion and tackles acidity problems too
- Ice Apple or Munjal is beneficial in relieving the feeling of nausea
- It contains lots of water and thus keeps the body hydrated and prevents heat stroke.
- Those affected with chicken pox and measles can take ice apple regularly to bring down the intensity of the disease condition as well as aid rapid healing.
- Ice apples helps to cool the body and helps to reduce exceeding white discharge in women.
- Ice Apple is also beneficial for people who suffer from chickenpox
- The soothing effect of the ice apple fights fatigue and provides immediate relief.
- The best health benefits of Ice Apple or Munjal is that it works as a natural cure for several stomach ailments.
- People suffer from fatigue, feel a lot more tired during summer days as they sweat a lot.
- Ice Apple or Munjal is often used in ancestral therapy for curing digestion problems
- Treats lever problem
- Constipation can be treated well by adding Ice apple or Munjal to your diet
- Seasonal problems like prickly heat affect children and grownups alike in summer. Ice apple is an excellent remedy for prickly heat.
- The best health benefits of Ice apple or Munjal is that it keeps the glucose levels high and provides the right balance of minerals and nutrients to the body.