Vaginal discharge is a common condition for women. If you are experiencing it too often then you must think about it. When the discharge is abnormal, you need to look for ways to get rid of it. Home remedies can relieve you from this abnormal condition. If you are ignoring this problem then it causes irritation and inflammation. Home remedies can cure heavy vaginal discharge which is troubling you again and again. White discharge is often caused by hormonal imbalance, poor eating habits, vaginal or yeast infection, STD, unhygienic lifestyle, diabetes, anemia, toxins in body, or certain infections which can happen due to tampon, sanitary pads, soap, or colored tissue etc.
Vaginal discharge is likely to occur during pregnancy, and in between menstrual cycle which can last for few days to weeks.
Top remedies for vaginal discharge
Guava leaves are high in astringent properties along with iron and vitamin C. It helps body to get rid of extra mucus and fights infection.
This makes it an effective herbal remedy, to treat all sorts of vaginal problems.
Process: Herbal Vaginal Wash
• Take some fresh guava leaves, and boil in 2 glasses of water.
• Boil till water is reduced to half, and then, strain it.
• Use this decoction to wash your genital area at least 2 times a day.
• It works as a natural douche, and controls pain, itching, and irritation.
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is the instant and best remedy to treat vaginal discharge naturally. It brings the acid levels of the vagina. It consists of antibacterial properties which cure the bacterial infection. You can drink it to prevent vaginal bacterial growth.
You need 23 cups of apple cider vinegar with 1 cup of water. Dilute both ACV and water in a bowl. Apply the diluted water to your vagina and leave it for 20 minutes. Then rinse and clean it with water. You must follow this remedy every day until the infection is completely cured.
Extracted from fenugreek plant, fenugreek seeds are used as a cooking ingredient and natural medicine. Besides, they are effective in combating against stomachache and other digestive disorders. Plus, it has a great effect on boosting your immune system thanks to a number of essential minerals, namely copper, carbohydrates, magnesium, etc.
We cannot deny the powerful properties of cranberry to our health. It contains antibiotic power and several antioxidants. It also has a strong ability to combat fungi.All these characteristics prevent your vagina from being infected.
• Wash a pound of fresh cranberries thoroughly under running water.
• Pour some water in a large pot and boil the water.
• When the water boils, pour the clean cranberries.
• Turn down the heat and let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes.
• Turn on the flame when all cranberries pop.
• Allow the mixture to steep for 20 more minutes.
• Let it cool down naturally.
Pomegranate brings multiple health benefits to our health. This kind of fruit is full of antioxidants and essential vitamins, such as vitamin C, vitamin A, and E. It is a good source of folic acid, which is very necessary for our body. This fruit is also an excellent solution to your vaginal discharge. All parts of the pomegranate can be used in treating vaginal discharge, namely its fruit, rind, and leaves.
• Use a knife to cut a pomegranate open.
• Pour some water in a large bowl.
• Dip pomegranate in the water.
• Take out its seeds in the water because the seeds will fall in the bottom.
• Remove its peel and other parts.
• Strain the seeds and pour them in a blender.
Tulsi has the medicinal properties which can cure the vaginal infection. Eating tulsi leaves is the best remedy for immunity. One of the herbs that Ayurveda looks up to treat many health and skin problems.
If you are suffering with vaginal discharge then here is the simple and natural remedy for you- soak a handful of tulsi leaves in a bowl of water. Leave it a few hours and then consume the water removing the leaves. Do it continuously for a week to get rid of the vaginal discharge problem.
Turmeric contains antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties which treat excess vaginal discharge accompanied with itching.
• Take 1 tbsp of turmeric powder.
• Also, take some fresh garlic cloves, and grind it finely.
• Now, mix this grounded paste with turmeric powder.
• Eat this daily for a week or so.
• It is beneficial in treating heavy discharge.
• Rice water is another best natural remedy to get rid of vaginal discharge. To combat vaginal infection and urinary tract infection, you must stay hydrated. This is one of the best ways to instantly hydrate your body. Rice water soothes the inflammation in the vagina.
• Boil rice in a cup of water. Drain the water and consume it. You must continue to do this until the problem is cured totally
Bananas are a beneficial fruit for women. It soothes the period cramps pain as well. It is a fruit that consists of many minerals. You better have bananas handy at home to cure these small health issues.
To treat vaginal discharge, you must eat bananas twice a day. Continue doing this for a week.
Amla is a natural cleanser that purifies the body. A simple option and a natural remedy that allows you to prevent vaginal yeast infection. Indian gooseberries contain vitamin c. You must consume it to cure vaginal dryness.
Take a teaspoon of amla powder in the morning before your breakfast. You can also add the powder or amla paste to food.
Yogurt is the source which contains good bacteria. In the case of yeast infection in your vagina, you can consume yogurt in your daily diet. You must keep eating yogurt to stay away from vaginal yeast infection and white discharge.
Yogurt contains healthy bacteria Lactobacillus bacteria. Yogurt treats the yeast infection and reduces the itchiness in the vagina, gut and urinary tract.