Betel nut prevents and treats the formation of cavities. Cavities are the structural damage on the enamel (tooth’s outer covering) caused by bacteria in the mouth, and is a painful condition. Gum swelling and ache are also treated by eating betel nut. Moreover, betel nut is extensively used to reduce menstrual cramps and is used in the treatment of yellow discharge from the vagina. Men who are suffering from premature ejaculation can improve their condition by regularly consuming betel nut. Betel nut is used to improve energy levels and is used in situations when high concentration and mental alertness are needed. By chewing on betel nut, you can cure indigestion.
Betal nut prevents cavity or holes which formed on the tooth’s outer cover called the enamel due to poor oral health that results from consuming excessive sugary foods. The chances of getting cavities are strong when people consume more sugar in the night. Hence, eating betel nut instead of sugars will prevent cavities and help in reducing the toothache.
Top Benefits of Betel nuts
Betel nut as mouth freshener
Dry mouth is a condition that results from e diabetes. Also cracked lips and bad breath results from dry mouth. By chewing betel nut, the mouth produces more saliva, and helps to prevent dry mouth and associated conditions, effectively.
Betel nut used as stained teeth removal
Many people suffer from a condition called the yellowing of the mouth. It is caused when they drink excessivecoffee, tea and other beverages. The poor dental health easily hampers self-confidence in an individual. To prevent the staining or yellowing of teeth, betel nut should be charred, pulverized, rubbed directly on the teeth, and after a few minutes the mouth should be rinsed. Practicing this habit regularly will maintain the whiteness of your teeth.
Chewing betel nut is used to stimulate appetite and increase saliva flow for digestion.
Increase Energy Levels
Betel nut is used as a stimulant for increasing alertness and stamina and giving the user a sense of well-being and euphoria. It has also been used as a stimulant for libido and to alleviate symptoms of excessive heat.
Betel nut is known for treating eye disorders like glaucoma.
Detoxify the Body
In traditional medicines, betel nut was often used as a detoxifier, and a treatment to remove parasites and kill worms. It has the ability to stimulate gastrointestinal activity, helping with flatulence or constipation. Betel nuts are also traditionally used to prevent bad breath and phlegm. They are often chewed before traveling to help prevent nausea.
Betel nut extract is a great idea for stroke recovery, in accordance with InteliHealth. Improvements have been mentioned in speech, bladder control as well as muscle strength in patients taking betel nut extract, even though InteliHealth explains that studies so far have already been small and flawed.
Dry Mouth Relief
Individuals who chew betel nut have a tendency to create considerable amounts of saliva, in accordance with InteliHealth. This might help individuals with dry mouth brought on by health problems like diabetes and Sjogren’s syndrome. InteliHealth explains that safer medicines are for sale to reduce this symptom.
Betel nuts have been in use for several years like a medication to deal with anemia in pregnant women. They’re good for making up for severe iron deficiency and low blood glucose levels. Frequent, however moderate, usage of betel nut might help combat an iron deficiency.
Betal but prevents gum infection
Many people suffer from gum infections. They can boil the betel nut in a cup of water, and use this water to rinse the mouth. Doing so, would reduce the gum disease, swelling and pain. The other method of reducing the gum infections would be to burn one nut and take the ash. Betal nut should be mixed with clove powder and katha, and then this mixture should be mixed with water and used for rinsing.
Betal nut reduces swelling in gums
Fry the powdered betal nut in ghee and add the powdered Katha, ajwain and sendha namak in equal quantity with it. Add water to this mixture to make a paste. Apply this paste on the gums, and keep it for a few minutes. You will see a drastic reduction in swollen gums and pain.
Balancing the Blood
Betel nuts are used in folk medicine for treating symptoms of anemia as they help boost ironlevels. The tannins in betel nuts can also lower high blood pressure.
• If betel nut can be taken occasionally, it is helpful in cavity prevention.
• Dry mouth caused by health conditions such as diabetes and Sjogren’s syndrome can be cured with Betel Nut.
• Betel nut produces stimulation and mental clarity due to high levels of psychoactive alkaloids.
• Betel nut betters digestion. Chewing the nut stimulates the flow of saliva to aid digestion. Betel nut also has been used to increase the appetite((dry coarse powder)).
• Extractions of betel nut are useful in curing cancerous growths.
• Ash of betelnut is useful in anorexia and vomiting.
• Betel nut aids in preventing the peeling of lip skin.
• Betel nut is also useful in internal ulcers like peptic ulcers and duodenal ulcers.
• It is also a detoxifying body, as it has anti-oxidants.
• Boil betel nuts in hot water, let it cool down and gargle the concoction to beat mouth ulcers and for instant relief from bleeding gums
• Sipping on betel nut decoction flushes out tapeworms and other intestinal parasites in the gut
• Mix areca nut powder with sesame oil and apply it on the wounds for pain relief in joints
• Brush teeth with betel nut powder for removing dental plaque and for whitening teeth naturally
• Consume 10 to 15 ml of areca nut decoction for regularizing periods and for relief from menstrual cramps
• Intake of betel nut powder mixed with 1 tsp of lime juice stimulates appetite and alleviates nausea