Skin tags, also known as acrochordons, often occur in people aged over 60 years. Sometimes, they are found in youngsters too. They appear as small growths on the surface of the skin, where the skin folds. These usually occur around the neck, under the breasts, over the eyelids, under the armpits or the groin folds. They are mostly irregular-looking, brownish or skin-colored outgrowths.
There is no need to go for fancy chemical or cosmetic procedures to remove these outgrowths. You can use simple ingredients found at home and get rid of them easily, and at a very low cost. Please keep in mind that even though these natural remedies take a little longer than the chemical procedures, they are safer and more long-lasting.
Skin tags are polypoid growth that occurs outside the skin surface, known as the epidermis layer and fibrovascular tissue. Medically it is known as Acrochordon, and they are attached to the body with a small stalk. Character-wise they are a small benign tumor that comes out as the cutaneous eruption on the face, neck, and groin.
Usually, skin tags are often growing in those parts of skin folds where creases are found. They are harmless and small in size, varying from a few millimeters to 2 inches wide. People often get confused between skin tags, warts, and other similar looking skin outgrowths.
Home remedies for Skin Tag
1. Apple cider venigar:
1. Pour the vinegar onto a small piece of cotton and strap it to the skin tag. Use the tape to hold the cotton in place.
2. Keep it on for a few hours.
Essential oils are overloaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help remove skin tags on the face without leaving any scar or spot.
Apart from this, essential oil dries up the skin from any infection.
Steps to Follow
• Take 2-3 drops of Lavender oil, tree oil, oregano oil, and Neem oil.
• Mix them well in a carrier oil. You can use one tablespoon of organic coconut oil as a carrier oil to dilute the mixture.
• Apply on the skin tags with a cotton swab, gently warp a cotton bandage and leave overnight.
1. Cut a small portion of the peel.
2. Apply the fibrous part (white side) of the peel on the skin tag for an hour or so.
3. Baking Soda For Skin Tags:
1. Mix a little castor oil with baking soda to form a paste. Keep in mind that this can be very sticky.
2. Apply this paste on the skin tag.
3. Rinse it off after 1-2 hours.
How Often You Should Do This
Repeat the process for 2-4 weeks, and you will notice the skin tag disappearing slowly.
4. Garlic paste:
Garlic has impressive power to cure skin tags as it is anti-fungal and anti-bacterial by nature.
Moreover, it contains lots of enzymes that help to dry skin tags from inside. So you can depend on garlic juice to get relief from skin tags on the neck and face.
How to Get Rid of Skin Tags with garlic paste:
• Take two or three garlic cloves.
• Extract the juice from it.
• To apply to the exact area, use a clean cotton swab to apply the liquid on the skin tags.
• Do it twice daily with fresh garlic. it is the best tips to remove skin tags
5. Bloodroot For Skin Tags:
1. Clean the skin tag and the surrounding area with a cotton ball dipped in hydrogen peroxide.
2. Apply the black salve on this and cover with a bandage.
3. Leave the bandage on for a few hours
How to remove skin tags at home with aloe vera gel? Nature has gifted us numerous medicinal plants, which are the base of Indian Ayurvedic Treatment. Aloe vera is such a plant with healing properties, and it is full of antioxidant that works to cure wounds.
Steps to Follow
• Cut and collect fresh aloe vera gel from aloe vera leaf.
• Mix it well with a clean spoon.
• Gently rub the creamy gel-like solution over the skin tag.
• Do the process daily to get the best result.
The application of lemon juice to treat different skin problems is traditional to get a quick solution regarding skin tag removal from any parts of our body.
Soak some fenugreek seeds in water for a night. Drink this water on an empty stomach, the next morning. Fenugreek is one of the best home remedies for the removal of skin tags.
Place a slice of potato over the skin tag and cover it with a bandage. Potato helps to dry off the skin tag while removing it in a few days.
9. Vitamin E oil:
Vitamin E oil is a powerful antioxidant making it useful in the removal of skin tags. Cover the tag with vitamin E oil and then cover the tag with a band-aid. Essential oils are gaining popularity for various skin conditions including skin tags.. Repeat this procedure until the tag is completely gone.
10. Tea tree oil:
Tea tree oil is an essential oil that may help treat several skin conditions. Anecdotal evidence suggests that it may help get rid of skin tags.
People who try it apply a few drops of the oil to a cotton ball, which they affix to the skin tag with a bandage. They leave the cotton ball on the skin tag for 10 minutes, three times a day. It may take several days or weeks for the tag to fall off.
11. Lemon juice:
Lemon juice is extremely acidic and natural anti-bacterial, and it slowly damages the skin tag from the root. But make sure to take the juice from a freshly squeezed lemon.
Steps to Follow
• Take two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
• Apply on the skin tag, pour the required drops on a cotton ball, and cover the area.
• Repeat the process for several days so that it disappears altogether.
12. Nail polish:
Nail polish is also a good option for home remedies for skin tags. Cover the skin tag with nail polish, and let it dry. Repeat it for 2-3 times a day for a few days until the tag completely fades off from the skin.
Hope this Symptoms and cure article will be helpful to all. Do not forget to share your valuable suggestions if any.